MR Mi... F... ... BROOKLYN 11215 Us
In the following industries:
Restaurants et hotels de luxe - résidences particulier (commercial and residential projects)
Fields of practice:
ébénisterie (furniture making), menuisierie et installation (carpentry and installation), agencement (architectural woodwork)
Management teams your interventions may concern:
Types of interventions:
Fabrication - installation - renovation - design -
Training courses attended:
Menuiserie - ébénisterie - agencement de luxe - project management - restauration de mobilier - rénovation -
Led training courses:
Particulier - architectes - designer -
projets: résidences - agencement hôtels et restaurants de luxe
Presentation sheet cretaed / updated on: 2008-10-27 23:16:48
- Master carpenter and general contractor with fifteen years of international experience.
- Proven ability to coordinate contracts and job schedules, manage job costs, handle vendor and customer relations and quality control.
- Proven ability to train and supervise work crews in commercial and residential remodeling and new construction projects.
- Proven ability to oversee design, fabrication and installation of architectural woodwork for luxury residential and commercial projects.
- Proven ability to fabricate high-quality products, manage resources to produce profit, streamline processes and increase productivity.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of architectural history, art history, architecture, Landmark Preservation and Green Building.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Excellent computer skills.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills. Meticulous eye for detail.
2007 - Current Carpenter - Furniture Maker - Independent Contractor (USA)
Licensed contractor specializing in residential home improvement, residential renovation including green remodeling, custom millwork and installation services
2004 - 2007 Project Manager (USA)
Managed completion of commercial and residential construction projects. Oversaw fabrication and installation of architectural woodwork projects in USA and in Europe; supervised crews of up to 30 master carpenters and drywall workers in commercial and residential remodeling and new construction projects. Estimated project costs and developed project proposals working directly with the general contractor.
2002 - 2004 Workshop Manager (France)
Responsible for complete fabrication of custom furniture and for quality control at each stage of manufacturing; supervised crews of up to 15 master carpenters and furniture makers. Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors; evaluated vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
2001 - 2002 Workshop Manager (Germany)
Responsible for complete restoration of antique furniture; involved in all phases of furniture conservation, including examination of collection furniture and writing treatment proposals.
2000 - 2001 Site Foreman (France)
Responsible for complete installation of custom furniture and architectural woodwork for commercial projects (luxury restaurants and hotels); supervised crews of up to 15 carpenters and drywall workers.
1998 - 2000 High-Skilled Worker (France)
Fabrication and installation of custom furniture for commercial and residential projects; operated, and maintained woodworking machinery, power and hand tools.
1995 - 1998 Apprentice (France)
Restored a wide variety furniture from the 16th century to the present. These projects included furniture made of many different materials; solid wood, veneer, inlay (wood, metal, tortoise shell), using traditional techniques employed in fabricating or restoring furniture; finishing, joinery, carving, veneering, marquetry, and gilding.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
1998 - 2005 “Association Ouvrière des Compagnons du Devoir du Tour de France” (French guild of craftsmen and artisans).
“Brevet de technicien des métiers, menuisier- ébéniste” (Master Carpenter and Furniture-maker Certificate).
“Certificat d’aptitude professionnelle - ébéniste” and “Brevet d’études professionnelles - menuisier” (Vocational training certificate - carpenter and cabinet maker).
Technical Skills: PC and Mac applications including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, CRM Software, QuickBooks.
Languages: Fluent English and French. Basic knowledge of German and Spanish.